HEEF: Hispanic Education Endowment Fund Scholarship
The Orange County (OC) Hispanic Educational Endowment Fund (HEEF) serves US Citizens, Permanent Residents and Dream Act/ AB 540 students who live in Orange County, California only. HEEF offers competitive academic scholarships for OC high school and community college transfers who qualify for need based financial aid and who enroll at a 4-year college or university in Fall 2023. Individual awards begin at $2,500.
In addition to the overall HEEF Scholarship Fund – the organization supports more than 30 donor specific sub-funds with awards ranging from $1,500 to $5,000. Please visit www.heef.org for specific eligibility criteria for the general fund and sub funds.
- Individual awards up to $2,500
- Supplemental Questions
- How has your Hispanic heritage influenced your educational and career goals and aspirations? 350-500 words required
- I am of Hispanic descent through my:
- Country/Region of Origin
- Are you a DREAMer student and/or DACA recipient?
- Which financial aid application did/will you complete? (See help text for more information.)
- Have you applied to any of the following universities? Please select all that apply.
- Are you enrolled in Law School and have you participated in the OC Hispanic Bar, a pre law program, or agency serving the Latino community?
- Have you participated in programs through any of the following organizations?
- Did you participate in GOALS?
- Did you participate in the Scholars Hope program (formerly El Viento) from 4th through 12th grade?
- If you participated in the Scholars Hope program, please give one example of how the program helped you in your academic career. If you did not participate, please indicate "Not applicable."
- Did you participate in the Santa Ana College (SAC) Promise Program (formerly the Adelante program)?
- Please select the school where you participated in the Orange County United Way AVID program.
- Are you a Santa Ana Unified School District Nicholas Academic Center (NAC) participant?
- If you are transferring from a two-year college to a four-year university by Fall 2023, how many transferable units will you have by Spring 2023? If you are not transferring, please indicate "Not applicable."
- Have you participated in the OC Hispanic Youth Chamber of Commerce?
- Did you participate in your school newspaper, yearbook, journalism or communications?
- Did you participate in the Head Start program or a related program?
- Do you have dependent children? Are you a parent?
- Are you/have you been a client of Human Options?
- Are you the child of a Human Options client?
- Show 16 more