Jackson Family Scholarship
In 2007, Patricia and Catherine Jackson established the Jackson Family Scholarship Fund for Nursing to support promising students in nurse training programs. Patty and Catherine decided to focus on nursing because they both recognized the important contribution nurses make to patients’ well-being, and the increased need for well-trained nurses in the future. Through this scholarship, the Jackson Family Scholarship Fund will make positive contributions to excellent students and help build the nursing workforce of the future.
Scholarship awards will be made to students who are either seeking to enter the nursing profession or who are currently in the nursing profession and wish to upgrade their professional standing (i.e. LVN to RN, RN to Nurse Practitioner, etc.).
California students admitted to an accredited nursing program
Must have completed at least 2 semesters that are applicable to their nursing degree
Plan to enroll as a full time student in an accredited college, or university with the intention of completing a two- or four-year degree in nursing
Minimum GPA 3.0
Have demonstrated financial need
Must be a U.S. citizen and California resident
- Individual awards range from $500 - $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you completed at least 2 semesters that are applicable to your nursing degree?
- Have you been admitted to an accredited nursing program?
- What is your most current GPA?
- Please submit 2 letters of recommendation. Reference 1
- Please submit 2 letters of recommendation. Reference 2